CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 9, 2012

The "Why" Behind the Blog

During the summer of 2011, my husband (fiancee at the time) looked in the mirror at himself and had an epiphany, or a realization, that he wanted to lose some weight. He just wasn't pleased with how he looked and contacted a friend who was already on a weight loss program. After she explained to him the Take Shape For Life system, and learned that not only would he be ingesting all the necessary vitamins and nutrients his body needed for overall health improvement, he would be losing weight as well!

And so it began - giving up the regular stops to Cocoa Bean for the gigantic (and delicious I might add) gourmet cupcakes, random lunch trips for Chinese food, and snacking on whatever was close by - and sticking only to the MediFast food program.

I was on the feedback end of his experience, learning how delicious the food tasted, the regularity in food excreting, and the clarity of his mind. But my favorite updates were the weigh-ins. Every Friday I would receive a call from Jason excitedly reporting that he had lost 4 lbs! Or 6 lbs! Or 10 lbs! It varied every week depending on how consistent he stayed with the program, and of course how much weight he had left to lose!

In over 3 months time, Jason lost over 60 lbs!!

That's when I decided, I gotta try this!!

And for the month before my wedding, I did. I ordered the food, and started the program. And did my best to follow it religiously, despite positions I was placed with get-togethers to celebrate the upcoming nuptials. Regardless of those intermittent "cheating moments", I lost 12 lbs in one month's time and dropped two sized in my clothes.

But then the wedding happened, and then the 10 day honeymoon in Puerto Rico! Free, exotic, and "chance-of-a-lifetime" food opportunities got the best of me and I threw to the curb any and all eating habits I had learned on the Take Shape For Life program! I gained all my weight back and just kept eating when we returned home.

It's time I took this seriously and I'm on it again!!!!

Jason and I have been so amazed by the success of this program that we became Health Coaches, promoting Take Shape For Life to anyone that feels they have a a few (or a lot) of pounds to shed, or want to improve their overall health.

No comments:

Post a Comment